We are 21!
In the preceding 21 years, a business that started with one man, a second-hand Volvo 850, a price list a bucketful of ambition has evolved into arguably the leading independently-owned mobile port-equipment supplier in the UK.
During this time, we have supplied over 700 pieces of high-value capital equipment and earned some accolades along the way: –
- We specified, engineered and supplied the largest-ever forklift in the UK – a 60 tonne forklift with a 10m wide carriage for handling steel at 800 degrees.
- We supplied the first-ever slab-handling reach stackers into the UK steel industry
- We created a specially adapted reach stacker for handling 40 tonne concrete cubes of nuclear waste
- We have broken the record for the largest hydraulic crane supplied in the UK 3-times. From 185 tonnes, to 235 tonnes, to 270 tonnes and, finally, 370 tonnes.
We have also been recognised by our suppliers of putting the UK first on the highest-performing distributors list: –
- From 2002 through to 2006, we were SMV / Konecranes leading distributor globally
- In 2017, we were awarded the accolade as Mantsinen’s largest global distributor
- In 2018, we were recognised as Sany Europe’s MPM highest-performing distributor
In the process, we have brought along some quite incredible, inspirational employees who are all dedicated and motivated professionals and who all adopt a theme of continual improvement. In a market that is dominated by manufacturers trying to fill their factories with volume, Coopers approach has been refreshing and diverse so here is to 21 years of taking-on the big boys and, occasionally, winning!